I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Quick Catch-up

Well it would be hopeless for me to catch up on everything, so I'll just nutshell it: We really like it here in San Diego (actually Coronado Island) and we go to the pool almost everyday, although only stay about 1-1 1/2 hours because I have the three kids alone. It's weird to see the girls with tan lines...they've never had them before.

Mike and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week on the 1st! A co-worker of Mike's and his wife volunteered to watch the kids so we could go out...that was so nice of them! We had a nice anniversary.

Fourth of July was fun, but we were stuck on base for 1 1/2 hours getting out and that wasn't fun. If we ever stay here again during the 4th of July we'll just walk to the beach that's right by our apartment! (we're on 2nd, and 1st is on the beach) The fireworks were pretty cool, we could see 4 displays and they were all synchronized. It sort of reminded me of home looking out on the water at the fireworks since we usually go to Port Orchard or Silverdale Waterfront.

We're having fun, but I do miss our house sometimes! We were still just getting acquainted with it and finishing up projects.

The people here are really nice...I have to say, nicer than Washingtonians. I've made a bunch of friends, and everywhere you go people like to chit-chat. They're even anonymously kind...I went to the post office and it was metered parking - there was still 8 minutes left and I thought it was enough...when I got back I saw there was 13 minutes on the meter!

We still haven't done any big outings like SeaWorld or the Zoo or anything, but we will be starting this weekend. I'll get pictures then.

Well, to change the subject...Colette lately has had a problem with calling names, like "poo-poo-head", or "stupid". I don't know why, nobody else in the family does that. But I think I got through to her the other day. She called Adrienne stupid and I asked her how she would feel if I called her stupid. She said she would like it :-) So I said, "Hi stupid Colette" and she just smiled. Then I said, "You're weird" and she didn't like being called "weird" so I called her on it. Now she calls me - "not-a-poo-poo-head" or "flower-head" or "not-an-ugly-man".

So I mentioned in my post about Seven+ that I had lost some weight. I put up this post in December about a month after I had Edward. At that time I was about 5 lbs from pre-Edward weight...which took way too long to reach. I didn't get there until mid-May. At the end of May I started my diet and I've lost 25 lbs since then!...and the reason I bring it up is because I am now at my pre-Colette weight! So that's exciting and I am now halfway to my ultimate goal of getting to my pre-Adrienne weight before Edward's 1st birthday (11/8/08). I have a ticker at the bottom of the page if anyone cares to check in on my progress :-)

So one more thing to add to my typical random post - I remembered about this clip from an old "Family Fortunes" episode (UK version of "Family Feud"), it just cracks me up!:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One, your poo poo head story had me rolling...good mom tactic, too, by the way, and two, awesome work on the weight loss...i'm proud of you!!

Rob and Lisa brink said...

So glad you all are having fun! (I hope Mike is enjoying it too.) Happy Anniversary too! Can't wait to see you all again soon.