I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Thursday, September 6, 2007

Adrienne's Official 1st Day of Kindergarten!

Again, I need to write more later, but more Kindergarten photos for Mike at work first.

Yesterday was sort-of Adrienne's first day of Kindergarten, but not really which made it a little anti-climatic. But I think it was nice - for the kids to have their parents with them the first day they meet their teacher, their classmates, getting to know their classroom and the building and everything. And for the parents to get their questions answered and get a sense of where their kids would be spending their days all year.

So today was her official first day of Kindergarten all on her own. She's still there actually, I will be picking her up later this hour, so I don't know how it's been. I felt really confident that she would be able to find her way to her class, but once I dropped her off I got really nervous she would get lost. I had told her if she needed help to ask a grown-up and she knows her teacher's name, so I'm sure she's fine.

Doing her first homework ever!



UPDATE: So she survived. She found her classroom okay, and it sounds like the only snag in her day was when she couldn't find her desk and nobody heard her asking for help so she cried a little. But she's been talking non-stop about school all day and was actually looking forward to bedtime because it meant that when she wakes up it will be time for school again!

No comments: