I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another Reunion!

My fellow blogger friend Emma is a an old junior high and high school friend that I'd reconnected with earlier this year after being out of touch since high school!

I was supposed to go see her fight August 18th, but her fight was canceled because of an injury. Then the next weekend was our 10 year high school reunion (on my birthday!), but she couldn't make it to that either because she was still having issues with her knee.

So! We finally got together last night with our families - She, Galen and Jacob came over on the ferry and Adrienne, Colette, and I picked them up (Mike was working on the house - as always). We brought them back to the house and showed them around the house and then we all (including Mike now) piled in the van and went to Applebee's for dinner. But we didn't have time to wait for a table since they were going to have to catch a certain ferry back, so we got the food to-go and took it to a nearby park. While we were waiting for the food Mike ran to Home Depot to pick up some glow sticks for the kids since it was dark by then. It was pretty fun eating at the park in the near-dark (there was a dim light shining on our table) and it was definitely quieter than it would have been in the busy restaurant! We got them back to their ferry in time, and although it was a short visit, it was great and can't wait to do it again!

Adrienne and Colette treated Jacob like a rock star and were fawning all over him, and Adrienne kept trying to kiss him. But I am told this hasn't turned him off completely to my girls and that he's looking forward to another visit.

Emma got a few pics at the restaurant, so when she gets those up on her blog I'll snatch them and put them up here as well.

A much more detailed blog of my goings-on are definitely in order, but once again...not now! I'm tired from route and just put Colette down for her nap, and Adrienne's going to a friend's! - so PEACE and QUIET are calling my name for the next few hours.

No comments: