I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Monday, May 5, 2008

Mother's Day came early for me

Saturday Mike tells me that he doesn't think he's going to have time to do anything for Mother's Day because he just has too much to do. I'm thinking, you have over a week and you already know you're going to be too busy?! I'm not looking for him to acknowledge me on Mother's Day, but to teach the kids to do so. So I tell him that Target is 5 minutes away, if he heads straight to the cards section it wouldn't take him more than 1/2 an hour. He agrees that he could work that out.

I'm thinking he means sometime this week. Then a few hours later he's packing up the girls and heading in to town. Then it dawns on me - he thinks Mother's Day is tomorrow! So I called him to see if this was the case, and it was.

They come home with their secret goodies, and by now Mike has informed the girls that Mother's Day isn't until next week, but they just can't keep their excitement to themselves. So, Mother's Day came early for me :-)

They gave me Nibs licorice, and a card that is actually a mini board game that I played with the girls (I won).

No comments: