I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, August 17, 2008

The San Diego Temple (last of the catch up)

So this is the last of what happened a few weeks ago and I'm trying to think if there's anything to mention from the last week. Mike's been gone most of it, and we've been pretty boring in his absence, so I guess not. Wait! Actually, a really really fun thing I did was just yesterday! (that's my mommy brain for you!) I got to see a good friend that I hadn't seen since high school! For those that know her, it was Cressa (C.J.). Mike took our camera to Monterey, so I had to buy a camera at the grocery store last minute and the pictures need to be (gasp!) developed before I can put them up! We spent about 3 hours hanging out at her place and at the pool there, and the time just flew by! I would have wanted to stay longer but all the kids were getting tired out and so we couldn't visit much anymore anyway. We plan to get together one more time before we have to leave, and this time Mike will be here to meet her and her family.

Speaking of leaving...our time here is quickly coming to an end and the thought of coming back is very bittersweet. I want to come back because I miss our house, our family, our friends, and just...my life! I miss my callings at church, my paper route, and having Adrienne at school because I am forced into a routine which makes my life more productive. I love the Fall. In the Fall I feel the way a lot of people do at the New Year...like it's a new beginning. I love the colors of the Fall, and the warmth before it gets chilly. I love the anticipation of the approaching holidays. So, those are the good things to look forward to. On the flip side, I am going to miss Mike like crazy, and although I like Fall, I don't like Winter. I get SAD, and I am never quite sure how bad it's going to be until I'm there. Plus I have to face some of the stresses that I put on hold when I came here (that I won't go into). It's nice to be here in the sun, and I love this community, and that will be sad to leave. I hadn't mentioned how convenient it is here...there's an Albertson's just two blocks away. Although I try not to abuse it, there's also a Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC two blocks away also (we probably eat at one of those places about twice a week). So life can be pretty simple here if there's not much going on...I clean, go to the pool, go to the grocery store, and we watch T.V. It's been a nice break, but I also feel like my life is just on hold right now. I want to get back and make headway on the projects at home, and to figure out what my next move is...whether it's to find a way to work at home, get a job, go back to school, or something else! Anyway, sorry about all this rambling! This was going to be a quick post and look what it turned into!

So, onto the pictures. The San Diego is my most faaaavorite temple! It is so gorgeous. I tried to show some of the details of it in the closer up pictures you'll see. Adrienne didn't feel like getting out of the van (she stayed with my mom), so you'll just see Colette in some of them.















No comments: