I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, January 4, 2009

A quick one: Book review


This past week instead of cleaning up after the Christmas mess I decided to read a book I'd been wanting to read for the past 3 months. I figured Mike and Adrienne were on their winter breaks and so I was going to allow myself one too. Just like usual everything else fell by the wayside while I read. It took longer than the usual few days too because this book was longer than my usual range of 300-400 page books at 620 pages, so the house is really a disaster by now. Oh well, I'll have time to clean when Mike and Adrienne are gone all day again. So the book I read was "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. She's the author of the Twilight books. I don't remember if I mentioned when I read it, but I read the first Twilight book about end of September/early October. I liked it a lot and look forward to reading the others, but I didn't want to read them yet because I couldn't afford the time. Instead I read "The Host" because it's not a series (although it may be in the future and after reading it I'm really hoping it will be!). I also thought by the summary on Amazon that it sounded really interesting and it's an adult novel, rather than for young readers. So, I am not very good at giving a book review that might inspire people to read a particular book because I'm not much more eloquent than saying "I really liked it, you should read it!" But without going into all the why's I liked this book, just trust me that it is really worth the time. Especially if you like sci-fi and romance. But it was also really thought-provoking just as far as love and humanity. I will admit that it does drag at times, but in the end it is all worth it. It is definitely in my top list of favorite books now!

1 comment:

Michelle Claire said...

That was one of my Christmas presents this year... and I LOVED it. Lots of fun to read... I enjoyed it.