I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Friday, February 9, 2007

Feeling Nostalgic - Pre-kids

I came across some pictures today I thought I'd put up.

These ones are from when Mike and I were dating and spent a lot of time driving around in his Blazer. They were probably taken in the summer of 1999:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Love that smirk:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While I was working at Clear Creek Elementary for Americorps - school was cancelled for the snow and I was bored so made myself a snowman and took a pic from off the hood of the car (since Mike had to work despite the snow). I'm such a nerd. But, you can see where I'm standing is where we're building our house:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This next one is me and my most favorite cat Josie. Looking at this one really makes me miss having cats and wish I didn't have allergies. We had two cats for awhile - Josie and Matilda. We believe a cougar ate them both. Later we took in another stray, Frodo - but we had to get rid of him when I broke out in hives and my throat started closing:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At Hurricane Ridge in February 2001:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Tarzan. My first memories of Mike are of him climbing up behind the basketball hoops in the church during Volleyball. This is at Ft. Flagler in the summer of 2001. Our very first date was at Ft. Flagler and I was impressed by his decision to go there, because all there was to do was talk and get to know each other.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our cats Josie and Matilda on my Cabriolet. I miss that car....it was SO FUN. It was our first major purchase together. We bought it together six months before we were married. Our next big purchase was our house that we closed on 2 months before we were married.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This little girl was my favorite kid at the day care I worked at while pregnant with Adrienne. She had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and was so sweet, and cute, and funny - she was like a little imp. She was a foster child and I wished I could adopt her. Colette is partially named after her - she and her auntie Diane. She really thought I should name Adrienne "Allie" and even after I told her that her name was going to be Adrienne, she insisted that it would be Allie. One day she asked if the baby was wearing a dress in my tummy. I told her no, that she was naked....she thought that was the funniest thing and often giggled about it later.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



No comments: