I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Monday, March 3, 2008

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

Before I had kids my friend Linae had told me a story about when her oldest daughter was a baby that I always remembered. Her daughter Aleeya had been crying and she had checked everything - changed diaper, burped, fed, etc., but she still kept crying. Finally she found one of her hairs wrapped around Aleeya's toe and cutting off circulation.

So when I had kids I would always be checking their fingers and toes to make sure there wasn't any hair stuck in them. The other day with Edward it was the same thing...he was fussing for over an hour and I couldn't get him to calm down. He'd settle down for about 30 seconds and then start crying all over again. He was really tired too so I couldn't understand why he wouldn't just go to sleep. The one thing I hadn't checked was his diaper because he had just had his diaper changed before all of this started. So I decided to check that since it was the last thing on the checklist. He seemed to be happier with his diaper off so I let him lay there all exposed for a minute. Just by some fluke I noticed something funny looking about his boy part...upon closer inspection there was a hair wrapped around it! I took it off and he was happy as a clam and fell fast asleep.

No comments: