I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No fun

Today has been completely awful and I just need to share my misery with the world.

It has been a bad day all around, but the worst of it was finding out that my IUD isn't where it's supposed to be, and isn't even in my uterus, but floating around somewhere in my body cavity. It's been causing a lot of pain over the last few months but had increased a lot in the last few days to where last night while I was on route I ended up going to Urgent Care instead of delivering and got the X-ray that revealed that it wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Then this morning from 10:30 to about 2:45 I was back and forth from different health facilities while they tried to figure out what was going on. I had to get an ultra-sound and cat scan before they could determine exactly where the IUD was. So now that they know, I can get it out but it's going to require surgery. So that's always fun! That will be sometime next week.

The X-ray last night was pretty wrong, I was going to get a copy to put up here, but I was too out of it to remember to ask for it.

No comments: