I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope you're all having a nice Valentine's Day. It was just another day for us...still just plugging away on the house and trying finish in the next few weeks. We won't be all done, but we'll be moving in.

A few random things - Edward turned 3 months on the 8th, but he had his 2 month appt about 2 weeks ago. He started out pretty big at 8 lbs 11 oz. He's now in the 80th percentile for height and 50th for weight. Sounds like a basketball player :-) My dad would love that.

I took this picture of Colette a few weeks ago. I had layered her hair around Christmastime and had blogged about how it brought out some wave in her usually pin straight hair. I said I was going to put up a picture to show that better, and so here it is a month and a half later! I didn't do anything to it to make it more curly, just washed and brushed it and it sprung up like this.

I'll try to put up more pictures soon - all the flooring is in the works now - carpet, hardwood, vinyl. I just bought a washer/dryer off Craigslist. We've picked out a sectional and will order it once the carpet is done in the living room. And we're going to have a piano again! Some friends from church are moving so we're inheriting it. Now I can start teaching Adrienne. She has wanted to learn to play the harp since she was four. When she turned five and was still asking about learning to play the harp I called a harp teacher to find out what was involved. She said that Adrienne should learn piano first. I think that's an excellent idea because if she's still wanting to learn harp after learning piano then she will likely stick to it. When we were newly married I taught a girl from church piano for a year so I have a little teaching experience, but I will probably only be able to do about 2-3 years worth before she'll need a real piano teacher. By then I can start teaching Colette!

Okay, I'm off to bed!

1 comment:

The Hawkins Gang said...

LOL mine did the exact same thing! I had pin straight hair until I was in fourth grade and then I cut my hair and my natural curl came through and I've had it ever since! She is a cutie though!