I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grossness

Well I can now top the baby throwing up in my mouth experience. I decided to drain the water in the master bath in the new house that's been stagnant for the last couple months. It had all kinds of grossness in it - mud from the sheet rock mudders, paint, nails, other materials that had fallen in the tub during the course of work, probably bugs, moths, etc. It smelled vaguely like poop, I have no idea why. There's a window right next to the tub going outside and we had some old hose, so I set about siphoning it out. When I went to suck in on the hose I told myself that as soon as I could feel or hear water flowing to pull away quickly! Uh...that water moved WAAYYY faster than I imagined it would and I gagged on the disgustingness and swallowed probably about a tablespoonful. Y-U-C-K!!! I tried to throw up, but couldn't, so I settled for 3 vitamin C and hoped that that much acidity would kill anything that might make me sick. Well, I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but I did get sick that night (Friday) and I've been sick through today. I'm starting to feel better now, which is a good thing because I have to hit the ground running tomorrow!! I was sick last Sunday too, so I hope I've had my share of bugs for this winter! I think Edward was vaguely sick too, his eyes were glassy and his skin was slightly clammy, but nothing too bad yet. So far so good with the girls and Mike. Well Mike always feels sick these days, but I think it's more exhaustion than a bug but I could be wrong. Not much longer on the house! I'll try to get some pictures up soon, but I'm not promising anything because we're just so busy trying to finish it!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ugh. That makes me sick just thinking about it...

Anonymous said...

GRODY! So did you end up with the flu or a cold?

The Miller's said...

Body aches and pains, weak, headache, and sore throat....whatever that is.