I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update

I haven't felt like blogging lately. I have been so worried about my very good friend that is in the hospital right now and so for some reason it seems superficial to blog about my usual stuff. I don't know why that is, it's not like the two things are connected. I think I feel like if all the other usual stress is what's on my mind and that's what I'm blogging about, that I'm not giving enough thought to my friend. Even though I am thinking about her all throughout my day, every day since I've heard of her illness.

It's been hard waiting to hear how this is going to turn out, and even harder not to be able to see or talk to her. I want more than anything to give her a big hug and tell her how much I missed her and how much she means to me. Knowing how I feel I can't even begin to comprehend how her husband and mother that have been there by her side must be feeling. And her kids have been in very good hands, but they must really be missing their mother by now. It's been 11 days now.

One upside is that her awesome husband has set up a web page where he is posting updates on the status of things, and I am so thankful to him for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, a quick update on things around here:

Mike's birthday was yesterday (He's 33! *gasp*), and we celebrated on Monday. I made his favorite Lemon Jello Cake (I'll have to put the recipe on my cooking blog, it' very yummy) and we went to Chuck E. Cheese's with us and both sets of our parents. I think we were there about 2 1/2 hours. It was much funner for me this time than in recent months because the adult to child ratio was a lot higher, so I was more at ease. Mike seemed to have a blast reverting back to his inner child :-) He and Adrienne spent a lot of time playing games together.

We are so so so close to moving in! We will probably start moving stuff over this weekend. Then next week once the utilities are hooked up and some other things are wrapped up, we'll really move in and have this place demolished shortly after.

I have a bunch of pictures I took and by now they're old news so I need to take new ones. Maybe this weekend I'll do that.

Okay, well that's pretty much it, our days are just all about getting finished with the house and getting moved in!