I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Wednesday, November 7, 2007

TAGGED

Fellow blogger Elizabeth tagged me...

Where did you meet your husband?


At church...the Silverdale singles' ward.

What was the first thing you said to your husband?

Oh, this is embarrassing. I had wanted to talk to him, and he seemed shy so I didn't think he'd talk to me first. During volleyball he was fooling around by climbing up behind the basketball hoops...so my lame line to start a conversation was "How'd you get up there." Him: "The wall." Me: "Are you scared?" (Duh, why would he be up there if he were scared)......anyway, obviously he saw past my lameness.

Where was your first date?

We went to Fort Flagler and walked around and talked. He was much more serious than I thought he was - I had mostly seen him goofing off up until then. He was also a good listener. After that we went to dinner at Red Robin in Silverdale where we met up with Mike's good friend Neil and his new wife Bobbye who had just gotten married.

Where was your first kiss?

I think it was the next day on our 2nd date. We went to Seattle with a some friends and saw "The Mummy"...I think the kiss was on the ferry on the way home.

Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?

I don't know what's normal...maybe a little fast. We started dating early May 1999 and were engaged by early August 1999. Then we were married July 1, 2000. So a three month courtship, and 11 month engagement.

Where did you get engaged?

Salsbury Park in Poulsbo. We were on the beach trying to watch "Pure Country" by generator for the 2nd time (first time the generator died or something - 2nd time there was a problem with the tape)...so we were just cuddling and talking and it came up and he asked...it wasn't planned, but it was a memorable night and that is where we had our reception.

Where were you married?

In the Seattle LDS Temple.

How did your reception go?

It was on July 29, 2000 at Salsbury Park. It was very casual (our style) and I thought it was a really great day...sunny and beautiful on the water and lots of family and friends came and we chatted the whole time.

How was your honeymoon?

We had been working really hard on getting the trailer livable for the few months leading up to the wedding. We had closed on the property early May of 2000, and so had about 2 months to get it ready (and we both worked full-time) - we moved in the day we were married. So basically our honeymoon was hanging out at home for a few days since we just wanted to relax and get to know our new place (it wasn't so cramped when it was just the two of us, and we were so excited to own it and not be renting!). I remember we watched all the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of of Avonlea :-) About a year later my parents paid for our tickets so we could take a belated honeymoon to Hawaii, I was pregnant with Adrienne by then.

Whose turn is it next?

I'll go with fellow married bloggers - Karla, Emma, Lisa, Melissa, and Rachel.

No comments: