I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, November 11, 2007

Update

Things are still going well here. Only glitch has been a bit of a nursing issue...if I didn't have 33 months of experience already I might have given up by now. Here's a picture of Edward after his first bath at home earlier today. His hair gets wavy when it's freshly washed then straightens out when it dries...just like Adrienne's did. I still say he looks just like Adrienne as a baby, only his coloring is different...he's got blond eyebrows and you can see his brownish-reddish-golden hair, and his skin gets so pink! We'll see what color his eyes turn out to be, but I don't expect them to be blue like Adrienne's because hers had a really light blue ring in the middle from the start.

The girls are still nutty about him, Colette probably the most. Adrienne is fascinated by his little nails, especially his pinky nail. Colette is smitten by his cheeks. They fight over who gets to hold him. It's been really nice to have Mike around this time to help out. He was in school when we had the girls and so didn't get time off and there was always some test looming in the future. I don't think I needed his help as much with them though, so far having three has definitely been more of a challenge. It will be a big help to get into the house, this place just shrunk even more.

But we're all happy and healthy and thankful for that. For those family and friends who read this I also want to say we're thankful for you...thank you for the calls, emails, gifts and dinners. We're so blessed.

2 comments:

Landaker Family said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him.

Karla said...

What a beautiful baby! I love his hair