I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Two weeks

Well it's been just about two weeks! (officially tomorrow on Thanksgiving) I realize all my posts lately have been about Edward, and here's another one. Edward had his two week check-up on Monday (they do it within a range) and they like to see the baby's weight back up to their birth weight by then. Even 3 days short of two-weeks he weighed in at 9 lbs. 4 oz. (birth weight was 8 lbs 11 oz), so he's doing well and starting to plump up.

Today wasn't so good for him though, but a necessary evil...he was circumcised. I was assured his crying was from being strapped down and not from pain (they numb the area with novocaine). So I stayed with him the whole time. I guess most people don't want to, or back out once they do...they kept asking if I wanted to step out. But I thought if I could be any comfort to him that it was better than comforting myself.

No comments: