I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Tuesday, November 6, 2007

More waiting and...salmon

My mom told me about a creek just down the road from her that has salmon swimming through on their way to spawn. So I stopped by with the girls to see...These are probably about 2 feet long:

Don't know if you can see them very well because they blend. I counted 7 salmon in this picture. It helps if you click on the picture for a larger view:


So, it's a day before the due date and I'm still pregnant. I really don't want to pass the due date, so I'm hoping something happens in the next 33 hours!

Both Adrienne and Colette were born 1 day before their due dates, so I haven't gone over yet. We'll see with this one if he wants to follow that pattern, but I'm pretty sure it won't be today since there are only 9 hours left...but I have a good feeling about tomorrow (but then I felt that way about Saturday and Sunday too :-P)

Another thing that is weird is the idea of spontaneously going into labor. Again with both Adrienne and Colette, I woke up and knew it was going to be that day (water broke with Adrienne, contractions woke me up with Colette)...it's weird to think I could be going along with my day, doing errands or something and have it hit me all of a sudden.

Colette and Adrienne's births were alike in other ways too - both were about 19 1/2 hours long - that's one pattern I am more than happy to break from!

Well, this is what is on my mind these days, it's what I dream about too. I am really looking forward to meeting this baby, but now that it is imminent I am getting nervous because of the whole pain thing. I keep planning on employing some home inducement methods, but then end up saying...uh, maybe tomorrow!

Check back folks, because it could be any day now!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

i read something in a touristy magazine about the salmon spawning and this is the time of year to see. i want to take kk. where exactly is it? or can you myspace msg me the directions?
have a good baby! best of luck and lets make a resolution to get together at least sometime next year :)
leslie

The Miller's said...

It was at Chico Creek - I think it's on Erlands Pt Road, off of Chico Way.