I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

This is quick, but here are a few pics from Christmas.

The girls in their new pjs that they love. When they're not out-and-about, they're in pjs.

A few other things to notice in that picture - the camera Adrienne is holding is BY FAR their favorite gift this year (a lot of their gifts were for both of them to share). It's pretty darn cool, 5 stars in my book. It doesn't take the greatest pictures (see examples below), but for kids it is acceptable. I'll mention more cool features in a bit. The other thing to notice - I cut Colette's hair. I layered it and I'm really pleased with the results. Her hair is actually wavy! Who knew...it's always been pin straight. So if anyone is wondering how I did it: I had her lay on her back on a towel and brushed the hair out above her head, and then cut straight across. I'll have to take another picture to better show what it looks like. But here you can at least see that it's wavy.

Daddy figuring out how to use the camera to show the girls:



They caught on quickly:

If this picture weren't so washed out I wouldn't have posted it. My hair looks horrible. I don't know what to do with it these days.

So obviously one of the features of the camera are the fun things you can superimpose on the pics. Also there are games to play, and you can make videos! Here is Adrienne's first video. It'll make you dizzy, but it's pretty funny:



The priciest gift given here was a Wii for Mike (well, the whole family, but I surprised him with it). It was actually a raincheck for one...they were selling them at Gamestop last Friday for $250. When I was looking around to see how much they were the only ones I was finding were in the range of $500-700, then I found the article about the rainchecks at Gamestop. My mom camped out for two hours before they opened, but she was the only one! That was kind of funny. We didn't know how many people to expect, but like the article speculated, people probably wanted something tangible to put under the tree. We were guaranteed to receive our Wii by the end of January, but they called today and already had it! So Mike's setting it up as I type this.

I took some pictures of the sheetrock in the house but I don't have time to upload them all now. So when I do I'll put them in a slideshow and post it.

No comments: