I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Tuesday, December 18, 2007

House Progress

I just found out the highest my thermostat will go to is 88 degrees. We just got our shipment of Tiger Foam and are getting it up to temperature so it will be ready to spray on later today (ideal temp is 80 degrees). Then the insulators will be coming and doing their thing and by Friday the sheet rockers will be starting work! (YAY) My Christmas present is sheet rock. :-)

I am so sore today after working for 5 hours yesterday. I had to get the whole house clean so the insulators and sheet rockers can work. I was able to work with the three kids because Colette napped, Adrienne played on the computer (I still had a monitor in the house so I could hear her, and it has a walkie-talkie feature so I could talk to her too), and Edward was bundled up and slept in his car seat in the house while I worked. Later when Colette woke up I put on a video for the girls and kept on working! Not every day I try to work outside works out so well like that, so I'm thankful that it did when we really needed it to.

Wow, I'm getting really hot while I type this! It's feels like it must be 76 degrees already!........Well my internal temperature is just a bit off, the thermostat says it 72 degrees now.....if it's going to be getting up to 88 degrees we'd better get our swimsuits on and pull out some otter pops!

Well I'll put up pictures when the sheet rock is up, but it probably won't be until after Christmas. It's a three day job.

I'm writing this Wednesday:
It got so hot it was unbearable. Edward was hating it and I had to give him a bath to cool him off. Then it was about naptime anyway so Colette went down in her room with the vent closed and the window open, and likewise Edward and I took a nap in our room with the vent closed, the window open and the fan on. Adrienne stayed in the living room and played on the computer, and I gave her a 30 oz water bottle and told her to DRINK. After naptime it was nearly time for the foam to go on, so it went in the girls' room and we were able to cool off the rest of the house.

The foam went on easier than was anticipated, and the insulators came today and are all finished. The sheet rockers could have started as soon as tomorrow but won't be able to come until Friday, which is still sooner than we had hoped for....for once things are working in our favor! Hopefully this will keep up and we can get moved in by the end of February!

No comments: