I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Saturday, December 22, 2007

Then a not so good day...

...because Mike and I weren't able to take part in his sister's wedding at all because our schedules were too tight. Mike had to work tonight, and I was going to try to go to the restaurant after the wedding, but I didn't have enough time after route to get ready and catch the ferry to make it in time.

One good thing about today is that it's the winter solstice! YAAAAAYYYYYY! This is one of my most favorite days of the year. I get the seasonal depression, so I am always happy when every day stays brighter a little longer. This year hasn't been too bad because it hasn't been raining as much as usual.

The sheetrockers are almost done and the house looks AWESOME. I will take pictures soon. It's getting really exciting. We're painting this week, getting our gas line up to the house, and pouring concrete in the garage. Then the next week we're getting cabinets in, and probably the hardwood to get it acclimated. It's starting to feel very close like it's not just a fantasy and almost a reality.

I should have used this evening to do something productive, but instead I watched some more of the "100 Greatest Songs of the '90's" (there are 5 hours) and I wanted to put up some of my favorite videos. I remember the Jamiroquai one and you've got to love it (Emma, I have no idea what it is, but something about him reminds me of Galen). I hadn't seen the Dee Lite one, but it is so fun - Mike tells me it's the second album he ever bought (after C + C Music Factory). The Sinead O'Connor one is my all-time favorite.



This version has the funny beginning that some didn't have, and had the best resolution. But I have to warn you that you might want to stop it five seconds before the end.



I didn't know this was about her mother who she lost when she was 17 (she's 23 in this video). It makes it even more moving.



Oh wait, here's another one that was pretty cool. Weezer's "Buddy Holly".


This is sort of random and I don't know where this came from in my train of thought this morning on route, but I remembered this joke Mike told me when we were dating and I think it's pretty good.
Every morning the Trids got up, ate breakfast, and marched over the bridge to Tridville to work. One morning, a troll moved in under the bridge. When the Trids tried to cross the bridge, the troll climbed up and kicked the Trids all the way back to their homes. The Trids decided to take the day off in hopes that the troll would go away, but the next morning the troll once again climbed up onto the bridge and kicked them back to their homes. In desperation, the Trids decided to ask the Rabbi for help. So the next morning the Rabbi walked across the bridge several times but never saw the troll. He went home believing the troll had indeed moved on. When the Trids tried to cross the bridge afterward, the troll climbed up again and kicked the Trids back home. The Rabbi returned to the bridge and called out for the troll. When the troll appeared, the Rabbi asked why he was allowed to cross the bridge but not the Trids. The troll replied, "Silly Rabbi, kicks are for Trids."


No comments: