I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Funny

My mom was telling me something Adrienne did that was funny. She has a little vet costume with a stethoscope and writing pad and vet jacket. She came to my mom and gave her a piece of paper with jaggedy lines drawn on it (representing an electrocardiogram). She says "I have some bad news, your pet is very sick!" My mom said "Oh no, see those jaggedy lines are good, it shows the heart beating, if the line was flat my pet would be dead." Adrienne goes away for a little while then comes back with a folded up piece of paper and says to my mom in an ominous way "I don't know how to tell you this..." My mom opens up the paper and there's a flat line drawn on the notepad. Then Adrienne says in a much more cheerful tone "But the good news is: I have a new pet for you!" (pulling out a new stuffed animal)

Last night Adrienne was telling me how she never gets to put the clothes on her Madeline doll...because "Whenever I have the clothes, I can't find Madeline...and whenever I have Madeline I can't find the clothes!"

1 comment: