I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Friday, December 14, 2007

A little bit about everyone

MIKE: Poor Mike. He SO needs this house to be finished. It seems like ever since we've been married he's been working like a dog. When we were first married he did HVAC, a very physically demanding trade. Then he was going to school for Engineering, a mentally demanding course of study. And now he's working a full-time job and then coming home to work some more! This week was crunch time to get some things done before a big inspection today, and not only did he have to keep up his usual rigorous schedule, but he was sick to boot! He looked and sounded awful, but he couldn't slow down...Last night he and I worked until 11pm to finish everything that needed to be done today.

ME: My foot has been bothering me for a few months now. My ankles are VERY flexible and they turn really easily because of that (I don't feel pain as soon as others would and so by the time I do, oftentimes it's too late - or at least that's how a physical therapist from high school years explained it to me). Doctor thinks it's a lot of little sprains over time adding up and that I need physical therapy for it. Not the most interesting thing to blog about and I wouldn't have mentioned it, but it leads me to another story....While I was there for my foot I asked the doctor if I could ask him a couple quick questions about EDWARD: I showed him his eye because the iris of his eye looks like it protrudes into his pupil so that his pupil isn't round. I was supposed to be getting an x-ray on my foot after the visit and he asked if I had time to take Edward to the eye center right around the corner after my visit. I said I wouldn't because I had to pick up Adrienne. He said skip the x-ray, this is urgent. So slightly freaked, but staying calm until reason to be otherwise I take him to the eye center and they got him in right away. They dilated his eyes so they could see better what was going on. Turns out what he has is harmless and just an anomaly, and once they knew that they let me in on what the big deal was about. I guess there is a very rare, but deadly eye cancer that babies can get. The doctor said it's devastating, so maybe something not many if any babies survive. PHEW! What a relief.

ADRIENNE: She was telling me about her friend who has two boyfriends, one of whom is her former boyfriend Gavin. I asked her if she has a boyfriend and she does...Jay. I asked why she hadn't told me about it and she said she forgot. I asked if he knew he was her boyfriend and she said no, that she hadn't TOLD him yet. So funny.

COLETTE: Is such a helper these days! There was a small pile of diapers collecting on the living room floor. I kept meaning to put them in the garbage and by the time I went to do it they were gone! I asked the girls who put threw them away and Colette said she did. I was very pleased...I didn't even ask her to! Then later that day I gave Edward a bath and she was behind me watching. After I was in the living room for awhile getting him dressed I realized she was still in the bathroom. So I went back to see what she was up to and she had been wiping up the drips of water that had fallen on our scale with toilet paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's good that Michael have something to keep him focused. I laugh somewhat, because I remember the days when he only worked on what he wanted to, leaving everything else to be ignored. Even so, I hope you both get the house finished soon as well! I still need to come by and see how it's going.

I'm glad to hear Edward's doing well, and Colette makes me smile. She's a good kid. I'll have to tease Adrienne about her multiple boyfriends, I think. ;)

I hope all continues to go well, and if not sooner, I'll see you all later this week!

-Diane