I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Friday, July 27, 2007

Breakin it up...

My new thing lately is breaking up bigger tasks by chipping away at them on a daily basis…works well when I am consistent. So I’ve been getting behind on posts I want to put up again (maybe if I didn’t want to document every little thing!)…so instead of some of the long posts that I was going to do, I’m going to break ‘em up.

One thing I really have wanted to write about is the cute stuff the girls have said and done…my version of doing baby books. I started out with the baby books and lost track somewhere along the way. But awhile ago when it was still just Adrienne, I started to think that I really don’t care on which date I got each tooth, and what I’ve liked to hear most from my parents are the cute and funny things I’d said and done as a child. So, like I said in a previous post, I started writing down some of those things for my kids in a Word document. But now I want to put them here (and I might transfer stuff from the Word doc too to have it all in one place). So, for today I will recount to you the funny thing Adrienne said today in Costco.

(Bear with me on the back story to lead up to the “funny thing”) We were talking about her clothes because we had picked out a few things there for her for starting school in September, and she asked what I was going to do with her old clothes. I told her Colette would wear them eventually and then when she was done we would make quilts out of the favorites and give the others away. She asked when that would be – “When I’m a teenager?” I said something like – “Well, when Colette’s done with them.” Adrienne says “Yeah, when I’m a – (here she puts up air quotes around her face as she says) – teenager.” The air quotes cracked me up…don’t know where she picked that up! :-)

No comments: