I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, October 14, 2007

This Weekend

Yesterday was a long and tiring day, but fun! Route was sort of scary - the fog was so thick I had to run the wipers! As soon as I finished I had to get ready to go - I was able to go with Mike onto the shipyard at PSNS and see where he works! It was the first "Family Day" at the shipyard since before 9/11. I guess they had one planned for that year, and then when 9/11 happened they canceled it and a lot of people didn't think they'd be doing them again at all. It was pretty neat to see what was beyond those gates. It was like a town from a time-capsule. I got to see the Stennis in the dry dock and I knew it was massive, but to see it in person is really mind-blowing. It's amazing to me that us little humans take on such huge tasks. So that was pretty cool, but it was too bad that the girls couldn't come (actually they could have, but Mike thought they were too young and found out too late that they weren't) - hopefully they will do more in the future and they can come then. But we may be able to take a tour of the Lincoln (aircraft carrier for those who don't know) with the girls, and they'd probably find that more interesting anyway. One thing about touring the shipyard with Mike that was embarrassing - I am in the worst shape in my life ever (no exaggeration), and Mike is in the best shape he's been in since we were first married and doing HVAC. I can blame a lot of my slowness on the baby right now though - we walked about a mile yesterday and Mike said he felt like he was walking at a snail's pace - the sad thing was I was pushing myself HARD! What polar opposites we are right now - I can't wait to have the baby and start to catch up! I was actually having contractions all day yesterday afterward from all that walking. And it was only 1 mile! I've sure come a long way in the wrong direction since the triathlon two years ago! Oh well, soon enough....

So, Colette's birthday probably seems never-ending here on this blog - but we just had her birthday party last night, so wanted to put up some pictures. It was pretty fun, and not too hard to put on - I recycled some decorations from Adrienne's 2nd birthday party, and kept everything pretty simple. Since our trailer is still too small to host parties (maybe we'll be in the house by Adrienne's birthday in January!!), we had it at my sister's apartment complexes clubhouse - so nice not to have to clean before, and the clean up afterward was pretty fast thanks to my wonderful family's help :-)

I don't know what's up with my camera, but lately the pictures are coming out all blurry and I'm not sure what to do about it. These were the best I could find, and even a lot of these are blurry:

Waiting for the guests to arrive


The cake - by my talented friend Sarah





Those candles are so cool - the flames burn the color of the wax
(can't really tell by this picture)

Colette getting sung to :-)

Opening gifts. This one here is her most favorite - a Furberry - they're adorable.


So today was pretty exciting. We got to go visit some good friend's in the hospital because they had their 3rd baby. She had a scheduled c-section, so we knew two weeks ago that we'd be going today! Everything went well with the surgery, and the baby's beautiful. Being in the hospital made me feel eager to meet my own baby - I'll be back in that same hospital in just a matter of weeks!

2 comments:

The Hawkins Gang said...

TAG, YOU'RE IT! Go to my blog and read the rules!

The Hawkins Gang said...

I love your blogs, they are great!! Miss ya!