I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, October 7, 2007

COLETTE'S BIRTHDAY

Okay, so it's not Colette's birthday yet, but I have time to do this now and I may not have time on her birthday.

Her birthday is Tuesday and she'll be 3!

While I'm on the topic of Colette I'm going to catch up on some of the cute things about her from lately:

She loves to cuddle. She'll say "I wanna cuddle you" - the way she says "cuddle" sounds a bit like "curdle" - which somehow makes it even cuter.

Since Adrienne's been at school I thought she might like the one-on-one time with me. But whenever I've asked her while Adrienne's at school "Colette, is it fun when it's just Colette and Mommy?" she says "No, I want to pick up Adrienne."

She loves cantaloupe and first thing she says when she wakes up is "I want cantaloupe."

She loves butterflies and has a favorite shirt with a butterfly on it she calls her "by-by shirt." You can't see it too well in this picture, but you get an idea. This is at her cousin Charlotte's birthday in July:
While I was looking for this picture of her "by-by" shirt, there was also this one of Adrienne from the party I thought I'd throw in because I like it:


She also has a favorite hat (see it in this post), she seems to be very fashion conscious even at age 3 - I have such girly-girls.

She made a little friend recently, she calls it her "prend." The only thing is she shudders and recoils every time she sees this friend. It's a spider on our porch. Once she gets past the shuddering and recoiling she'll watch and talk to it.

My kids are so odd, but in a good way. Adrienne loves school and homework - the teacher wanted to conserve paper and isn't giving kids homework for the letters they already know. Adrienne wants to do the homework and so I'm asking the teacher if she can do it if I give her an extra ream of paper. And then there's Colette. She is so easy to get down for a nap, and I am praying it keeps up after baby as well. The other day I told her it was naptime and her response was "Yay! I LIKE nap!"

1 comment:

mlkuefner said...

"prend" in french is a conjugation of the word "prendre" which means "to take"
coincidence?
yes.