I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, August 19, 2007

Kid's Books

Sometime in May I started reading chapter books to Adrienne on a daily basis during Colette's naptimes (Colette doesn't have the attention span or understanding to be interested in them yet). Adrienne and I have really liked the books, so thought I would list them here:

This was the book (click here) that started us on the series, it's not a chapter book, but if you get into these, you might like it for fun.

We read all of these:
Prilla
Bess
Rani
Fira
Vidia
Beck
Lily
Tink

All eight of the above also come in box sets of four, which makes them a little cheaper. By the time we were done with the books above, we had figured out that the book that sets up the back story for all of them is this one:

Fairy Dust and the Quest For the Egg

It's longer than the others (30 chapters as opposed to the 10 in all the others), but I liked it the best (I actually shed a tear or two, but that may have had something to do with my being pregnant and hormonal) :-)

There are many more books in this series, but the ones I want to get the most aren't available yet, so we've switched to some different books:

When I was a kid in elementary school, two of my favorite authors were Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary. I haven't ready anything by them since I was a kid, and thought it would be fun to revisit them with Adrienne. So we got a box set of some of the Ramona books. So far of that box set we've read "Beezus and Ramona" and we're currently on "Ramona the Brave." And Adrienne is enjoying these just as much as the fairy books. They still get my seal of approval these many years later :-)

No comments: