I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Thursday, August 9, 2007

Syllables and Similes

One day about 4 months ago or so I was driving along in the van with the girls and Adrienne says to me out of the blue "Let's talk about similes!" Wanting to encourage any kind of educational growth I say "Okay!"...then start to rack my brains trying to remember what a simile is. But no need because Adrienne immediately says "A cupcake is as sweet as honey!"

Also around within a few weeks of that conversation, for some reason I was explaining to Adrienne what a syllable is. So, we practiced a few words together and she accurately told me how many syllables were in each practice word. Then she is quiet and a few minutes later she informs me that the names of the people in our family total 8 syllables (That's for Adrienne, Colette, Mike, Amber).

Oh, and since some of my little notes about them are sort of random and hard to make a whole post about them, I'm going to throw in a random one here. Her favorite number for quite awhile starting probably around age 5? - not 3, not 14, not 100 - nope, her favorite number was 22,000,000.5!

No comments: