I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Sunday, August 5, 2007

What Not To Do...

...when you're mail is stolen? Take it out on the delivery girl! I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote to my manager so I don't have to re-type.

I can’t remember when exactly, but sometime in the last 3-6 months I had a man on my route get paranoid when he saw me delivering to his stand because they had some problems with their mail getting stolen, and so he drove like a maniac blocking me in trying to “catch me”…when he found out what I was doing he was sorry…and so that was that. But then again last night he saw me delivering to his stand again, and then a few stands later he comes driving like a maniac again and blocking me in and gets out of the car (he almost looked like he was drunk kind of stumbling out of the car)…so again he sees that it’s me and I’m delivering papers. He apologizes but then makes excuses for his craziness which isn’t exactly comforting that he’s not going to be doing it again. So…question is – do I have to deliver to this stand if the people at the stand are going to be so paranoid whenever they see me delivering? There are about 4 papers on that stand and none of them are subscribers. I thought maybe I could bag their papers and drop them at the foot of the stand so I don’t have to stop…what do you think about that? Only thing is I think there’s one paper there that never gets picked up, so if I were to bag should I only drop 3 so that they all get picked up? Your thoughts? – Maybe this doesn’t sound like a big deal…I think it wouldn’t have been before but the accident last week has me pretty shaken up about driving in general…it just seems so easy to get in accidents, and I don’t need people chasing me down like that!


So, she told me not to deliver to that stand at all. Yeah, so I got in a car accident on July 24th...pretty much my fault (I feel like it was partially her fault, but it can't really be proved, so oh well). It really sucked - I was doing really well. I was a horrible driver my first 3 years or so of driving, but thought I'd improved quite a bit since then. I don't feel like going into it now, but basically it was sort of fluky that this happened - I wasn't distracted, or on the phone, or doing anything - I just didn't see her for some reason. It was pretty minor as far as there were no injuries, and our van only got a scratch on it and that was all (which is great because we have liability only, so we would have had to pay for repairs out of our pocket). Her car wasn't so good, but it could have been a lot worse and insurance will cover it all. Anyway, that's all I want to say about it for now, but I am just so nervous about driving now, which is hard when that's what I do to earn money!

Change of subject - Wow, that was quick! I put my Harry Potter book and Mike's Harry Potter audio books up for sale on Amazon last night and the book sold within an hour, and the audio books just sold this morning!

No comments: