I open to the inner depths of my being with courage and compassion


Saturday, August 4, 2007

I'm Back

So much for daily posts, huh? I just deleted a bunch of drafts of posts I was going to do. I need to keep my blogging to a minimum for who knows how long - it's starting to sink in how little time I have before the baby is here and how much there is to do before then, because I know from experience - if I think it is hard to get things done now, it is going to be so much harder when two kids becomes three! Since I have no inclination to nest in this current place, I need to just figure out the minimum of how we're going to live with 5 people in these 700 or so square feet for a couple months until the house done. The nesting I really want to do is in the house that isn't finished yet! But there is actually quite a bit that I can do in that direction. We have SO MUCH clutter that I need to go through - figure out what's going where in the new place, what's garbage, what needs to be sold or given away, etc. This will help our current situation and the future situation...if I can get some of the clutter out of here, it will make things more comfortable in the short term, and if I can get things organized that are going into the house, it will make moving in quicker and easier.

Aside from that project I will also be chasing the elusive state of being "caught up" on another long list of miscellaneous things, and also trying to help with building the house (or at least cleaning up the site) whenever possible. And Adrienne is starting Kindergarten in a month! This will hopefully help with all of the above because I will finally be forced into a schedule again and getting up to an alarm clock like most people - and hopefully the structure will help me to get more done. Plus one less child around for 4 hours will make things a little easier!

The one draft I did keep is the one about the girls because I am putting those things down to keep track of to tell them when they're older (as I've already said before)...if those posts don't interest you, then don't read!

So, a little story for today...

I was watching an episode of "Dawson's Creek" where Jen was going to be hosting a radio show with a live audience and Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla were the guests. She was worried that she would do badly, and when the show started it was off to a rocky start and there was a dead silence in the room. (I should have put this down when it happened, because now my memory is fuzzy...) So, Adrienne says "Why didn't they use the cricket sound - is it because it's a grown-up show and the cricket sound is for kid's shows?"

I was amused and impressed on different levels - I didn't realize she was even paying attention to the show, and not only was she paying attention, but paying attention enough to pick up on the awkward situation that warranted a cricket sound. And impressed that she noticed the cricket sound on her kid's shows in the first place. Maybe I just wasn't a very observant child, but some of the things she notices amazes me.

All right well...back to business. I'll probably be keeping my blogging related mostly to house progress and the girls.

No comments: